Two days later and I am still glowing!
I always knew I had the most amazing husband, mom, sister and brothers...but on Saturday, they took it to another level. A level I could not have dreamed up even in my wildest imagination...and to have kept it a secret from me for over a month...well played guys, well played!
So what did I like most about my surprise birthday/I kicked cancer's a$$ party?...here are just a few highlights:
* Gourmet sliders truck with tater tots...WHAT?!? Everyone knows the way to my heart starts with great food...and I just don't think it could have gotten any better than that!
* Shots...shots....shots...shots...shots....e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!!!! Because alcohol makes everyone dance a little better and sing a little louder!
* The sea of pink barricading the street as we pulled up to the house. But as much as I LOVED seeing everyone in head-to-toe pink, a little part of me was hoping someone, anyone had forgotten...the visual of Jennifer slapping someone until they turned pink seemed just too good to miss!
* The absolutely gorgeous and MOST DELICIOUS cake! You can never go wrong when peanut butter and chocolate are involved!
* The fabulous decorations...from the handmade survivor banner to the streamers to the balloons to the flowers to the bling to the pink ribbon cupcakes and brownies. They thought of every last detail...I mean, a balloon guy and face painting?!?!
* The wishes for me...although, I have to say, all of my wishes had already come true that day!
* The TWO-PART PARTY....with our own private bar, more food and dancing! Ok, so maybe you technically couldn't call it dancing...but in my mind, I was the winner of So You Think You Can Dance!
* The absolutely incredible music by my dear friend, Ryan. His music has always touched me, but never like it did the last year and a half. Oh, and I publicly apologize for murdering the song I invited myself to sing with you! (Apparently, I'll just stick to dancing! ;)
* Oh, and I almost forgot... MY BRAND NEW LEXUS IS 350...fully equipped with one of those obnoxious pink bows!!! And yes, I have officially become that driver who parks their car so far away from wherever I'm going, I no longer have to jog the beach trail to get my exercise!
But the ABSOLUTE BEST PART of the party... sharing it with all of my family and friends! Never have I felt more blessed. Never have I had this much love and happiness in my heart. Never have I felt more alive.
So thank you. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your love.
THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE!!
Monday, September 17, 2012
BEST. DAY. OF. MY. LIFE.
Posted by Sheyanne at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like it was a blast, Don told me all about it and I saw some of the photos. You deserve all the love and fun you received and more!
Awww, Shey!! You deserve that and so much more! I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate with you, but I was there in heart and spirit <3 We love you and continue to pray for good health and a happy, full heart. Xo.
Sheyanne,
Just checking up on you, and I am so glad to hear you are doing better and kicking butt! We are practically neighbors now. We will be moving into Capo next month.
-Eric
Post a Comment