BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, November 21, 2011

Phase One...Completed!

15 rounds of chemo
            +
5 months of side effects
            +
over 30 blood tests
            +
over 25 self injections
            +
1 bald head
           =           

 1 BIG SMILE!!!

Today marks the end of Phase 1 of our fight!  And of course I had to go out with a bang.  Apparently all of my veins were on strike and refused to open up enough to allow placement of the IV!  But after an hour of poking and prodding, numerous pep talks, and blood, sweat and tears...literally!...well, not the tears, one finally gave into the peer pressure!  Five hours later, I was out of that Popsicle stand and couldn't be happier!

I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about going three weeks without any treatment (even though I'm finished with chemo, I still have IV treatment every three weeks for a year.  I just couldn't leave my nurses cold turkey so I asked my oncologist for a little extra time with them.)  The last time I did treatment every three weeks, my tumors got bigger.  BUT, this is new treatment, that has proven to work....and whatever is left will be removed on the 13th.

In three words...WE DID IT!  Great work, team.  I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield for Phase 2!

0 comments: