BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Who Says Number 13 Is Unlucky?

Not this guy!  In fact, I recently read an article that said the best day to have a major surgical procedure is on the 13th day of the last month of the year, especially if it falls on a Tuesday in the afternoon.  So imagine my surprise and excitement when my surgeon called and said my surgery is scheduled for December 13th...which is a Tuesday...at 12:30!!!  I mean, does it get any better than this!!!..(aside from not having to have the surgery in the first place)  This guy is riding one nice, long, lucky streak!  And because I'm such a giver, please feel free to stop by and rub my head for good luck, or send me your lottery tickets to scratch off.  I'll be at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center, located at 24451 Health Center Drive, Laguna Hills...just ask for the pent house suite! 

But even with the lucky surgery date, I'm still a little nervous (OK, maybe a little more than a little nervous).  Why?  Because my pain tolerance is like a 0 out of 10.  I mean, I've been known to shed a tear from paper cuts before. 

You know, now that I think of it, that was the Sheyanne before breast cancer...before biopsies, before chemotherapy, before self-injections, and before all of the miserable side effects!  I know I'm going to rock this surgery just like I've rocked everything else.  But you better believe I'm going to request the strongest pain medication they have...not because I need it, but just because I can! ;)

3 comments:

Trev said...

Shey I'm so proud of you, everything about you is inspiring. I think 12/13/11 is going to be the greatest day ever!

Amber said...

I agree with, Trev! 12/13/11 WILL BE THE BEST DAY EVER! And you are, of course, the most inspiring person I know! I love you and can't wait to celebrate a successful surgery with you! xoxo <3

Donovan said...

Good Luck tomorrow, Shey. Sending all my good thoughts/vibes your way. Much Love!