BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Came Early for The Banes!

Last Wednesday, I went in for my first PET scan.  And for anyone that knows anything about cancer, you're probably wondering "your first PET scan??"  "Shouldn't that be the first thing they do when you're diagnosed??"  That was definitely what the technician thought.  So of course, throughout the entire one hour exam, and the four days that followed, my mind was spinning.  Maybe all of the headaches I've had weren't actually routine headaches.  Maybe my leg and body aches weren't caused by the medication after all. 

And then I received the email... from my surgeon...at 7:30 p.m....on a Sunday night! 

My first thought was that it was an automated reminder for my upcoming pre-op appointment.  But then I saw the subject line- "PET."  My heart was racing.  No way she would put in an email that the cancer had spread, right?!!  (Hey, you never know...I mean, I never would have imagined that my first surgeon would basically tell me I was going to die!)  And when I finally opened the email, I read the most AMAZING news....

The PET scan revealed that I was negative for distant metastatic disease (which means the cancer did not spread throughout my body!) AND my tumors and lymph nodes were almost completely negative for cancer!!!!!  The last 12 rounds of chemo had actually worked and I was truly on my way to becoming cancer free!!! 

I've said all along that I AM going to beat this...but actually hearing confirmation from my surgeon makes it all very real!  And while I'm still nervous about my surgery next week, I can go into it knowing that it will remove the last of the cancer and I will come out cancer free!! 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Shey... First, I just want you to know that when I open my Google reader and see your blog pop up amongst the million other updated blogs that I read... I ALWAYS read yours first. I think of you often and keep you in my prayers. So, reading THIS blog update... AMAZING! My heart literally jumped reading that news. Im so happy for you! I believe the Lord chose you to walk this journey in order to teach the rest of us what it means to have a good attitude. You are truly inspiring! - Lori Alberico

http://alberico.net said...

Oh wow!!!!! Such amazing news!

Room B8 said...

Absolutely the BEST news! When your mom shared the news with me Monday morning, my eyes filled with tears of happiness for all of you. Just incredible news Shey!

Hugs,
Suzy :)

Ann said...

Sheyanne! This is fantastic news!!! I am SOOOO happy for you. Congratulations on your successful battle. Can't wait to see you again.

dizzydodo said...

Praise God...the first words that came to mind. You are such an inspiration of His love and grace.

I have been praying for you ever since Annette and Ryan asked, and will continue to. You are a blessing.

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Doris

Regina Rodriguez said...

Hello! My name is Regina and I work with your mom. First, let me tell you how happy I am to hear the good news. I have prayed for you and your mom all this time and I know God is good because he has heard all of our prayers. Your mom is a beautiful person inside and out. I don't know you personally but I can tell you have acquired your mothers good traits. May God Bless you not only today but in your bright future.

Wendy Coats said...

Lifting you guys up!!! Miracles of miracles. Good luck next week. Huge hugs and deep breaths. Pure joy.

Amber Wood said...

omg, how did I miss this post?! that's such amazing news, Shey! God is SO good, we are so thrilled to hear such amazing news! I follow your blog often but have a difficult time posting from my phone (seems like I'm the only one), but want you to know that you're in our thoughts and prayers ALWAYS! we love you, Shey!