BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 28, 2012

All "Good" Things....

After six and a half weeks...five days a week...and one hell of a rectangular tan (ok, so it's more like a burn...a really BAD burn!)...Sheyanne's extreme tanning days are over! That's right~ TODAY IS MY LAST DAY OF RADIATION!!!

For those of you that have said or are thinking, "wow..that went by fast!"....ummm, where have you been the last 6 1/2 weeks at 11:00?!?! Actually, it has gone by as fast as I could have expected. Maybe that's because I slept through most of it. I mean, I haven't rocked 2-3 hour naps a day since Kindergarten! Seriously, if anyone has trouble sleeping at night, a little dose of radiation will definitely do the trick!

Needless to say, I am exhausted, my skin feels like I have chicken pox on top of a bad sunburn, and I'm fighting a bad respiratory infection (you didn't think I would make things easy on myself, did you?!?!) But you should see the other guy...actually, you can't because you know all of the cancer is gone!!!

And just to put to rest some of those questions I know you all are thinking...

*Yes, I now officially glow in the dark.

*Yes, I am and always will be radioactive! I can release radiation on anyone at any time...consider yourself warned!

*Yes, I BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF CANCER!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

That's so AWESOME, Shey! Of course you beat the crap out of cancer, you're nothing short of awesome, yourself!! We're so happy that you're done with radiation and are cancer-free!!! Love you! Xo.

Kevin Britt said...

WOW! We are so happy to hear this wonderful news. God has blessed you with a wonderful fighting spirit and you are a true inspiration. May God continue to bless you and your family.
All the best,
Kevin, Cindy, Nathan and Molly Britt

Unknown said...

Wow way to go Shey, we're so proud and excited that you kicked radiation's ass. We always knew you were strong but dang you're like Rocky, Rambo and Chuck Norris all rolled into one. We love you Shey! - Trev