Not so much! I'm not sure what's worse: knowing something crappy is about to smack you in the face, or being completely blind-sided and getting hit by a mack truck. I mean, I've definitely experienced them both throughout this journey (in fact, many times over), and the only logical conclusion I can come to is this... they both suck!
On Tuesday I went in for Round 3. That morning, I thought to myself, "I've got this!"..."Been here, done that!"..."Practice makes perfect!"...And all the other little cliches I could think of to prepare myself. But as I walked inside the clinic, my little pep talk went right out the window. And when I saw the two large syringes filled with that bright red cocktail, my stomach began to cringe (and it still does even as I write this). I couldn't help but gag no matter how hard I tried.
"Anticipatory nausea" was what I was told I was experiencing. Because the good old fashioned nausea was just not enough! Just another side effect for me to cross off the list!
It's been five days since my treatment and I'm just now finally starting to feel a little better. Not the "I can run 2 miles" kind of better. But the "I can take a shower" kind of better. And let me tell you, that's just good for everyone involved! I've also started my nine days of injections, and I must say, Dan is pretty close to getting his nursing license!
At the end of Round 3, one thing is for sure-this journey is not for the weak. Good thing that word is not in my vocabulary!
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Third Time's A Charm??...
Posted by Sheyanne at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad to hear that your are feeling well enough to take a shower... since I'm going to request a time to come by and drop a few things off. Dan and I can talk nursing since I have some experience providing in-home nursing care for my wife.
I'll send you an email regarding the "care package" delivery.
God bless you, Sheyanne! We went to law school together but it has been a long time. Wendy told me about the blog. I will be praying!! Chelsea Buchholtz
We are all so proud of your humor and fighting spirit Shey! Love you and wish you all the blessings of heaven!
Post a Comment