BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Mile at a Time

On Sunday night I went for a run on the beach.  YES, you read that right- a RUN on the beach.  Ok, so it may have been more like a really quick walk, or a slow jog, but my legs were moving and the wind was blowing through my hair....wait a minute...and the wind was blowing across my head.  I caught a good tail wind on the way back, and I have to say, I'm a little more aerodynamic without the hair.

At the end of the mile run, I felt more alive (and tired) than I have felt in months.  I was so proud of my body--to go from not being able to walk, to running in just six days was amazing for me.  For the first time since my diagnosis, I finally starting feeling like myself again.   

Still on my high from Sunday, I decided to go for another mile "run" last night.  But this time I decided to run around my neighborhood.  Turns out, it's a little harder to run the second day and on hills no less.  I'm totally paying for it today, but it was definitely worth it.

I've realized that I have to take full advantage of my good days.  And that I have to remain true to who I am-a woman who has always pushed herself, fought for everything she has and never gives up....and this includes the little things like beating Dan at the 5k run in September. 

Let the training begin! 

6 comments:

Lifeology said...

We'll all be crossing that finish line with you on September 25th, Shey!
Thinking of you always,

Chae

Unknown said...

Um I don't know about you guys but there will be no running for this little lady. So I'll see you guys at the finish line, and likely be crossing well after...

jemma said...

That comment was from Jemma - not sure how to make my name appear quite yet, lol!

Anonymous said...

Best news today! I'm thrilled to read this!

Joe

Unknown said...

You are truly an inspiration. I am embarrassed to admit that I can barely walk a flight of stairs these days. Thank you for sharing all of you with all of us.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I work with your Aunt Bettina (great person) but you have some fans out there wishing you many SUNdays.