BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little Too Ironic

Ok...I get that cancer does not discriminate.  It can affect anyone, at any age, in any place, at any time.  Got it.  But I'm not going to lie...I've lived my whole life with small breasts in a world that worships a much fuller figure than mine.  And while I contemplated plastic surgery for many years, I was just too chicken to go through with it. 

But, the silver lining of "not" having breasts?  No breast cancer, right?  I mean, you can't get cancer in breasts that don't exist.  And besides, that would be just way too ironic and too cruel of a joke. 

Ok, ok, fine.  So the flat chested girl gets breast cancer.  But like I always do, I found the silver lining.  Now, I can get the plastic surgery I was too scared to get before.  And the bonus?  It will be free!

WRONG! 

Today, for the first time, I learned that implants will not be possible because of the radiation.  Umm....what!?!?  No, no, no, no.  He MUST be mistaken.  Because I've said all along, if I'm having to go through this entire ordeal, I'm at least getting my free breasts. 

Turns out not so much.  And while I understand how superficial it sounds for me to be complaining about something like this while I'm fighting for my life, I AM PISSED!  I mean, really really pissed!  First my food, then my hair, and now my dream of plastic surgery.

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  And so while I may only weigh 110 pounds, it's 110 pounds of pure strength!

3 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Shey, your sense of humor/wit is better than ever!

I truly do look forward to reading each blog post.

Keep on fighting! We're praying for you!

Angelo

Amber Wood said...

Oh Shey, you are truly such a remarkable (and very funny!) woman! Truly an inspiration, if anyone can get through this YOU can, and give all of those who love you hope (and giggles) along the way!! We love you and are praying for you, for miracles every.single.day! God bless you, Shey!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and praying for you.