Let me start by saying this- I was completely devastated when I found out that the first regime of chemo did not work. BUT let me assure you of one thing...I am absolutely confident that this new regime of chemo is going to work...and as it turns out, I'm not the only one...
As I walked into the hospital last Friday for my second round of the new chemo, all of the fire alarms were going off. The lights were flashing, the alarms were sounding and the voice over the intercom was instructing everyone to evacuate the building. On a normal day, I would have been the first one out the door. But this wasn't a normal day...this was a cancer killing day...and there was no way I was going anywhere unless someone carried me out. As far as I was concerned, as long as one room on the fourth floor wasn't on fire, I was ready and willing to give myself the treatment.
Despite my mother-in-law's requests, I never did leave the building. Fortunately for me, it turned out to be just a test. But I am convinced it was more than just that...it was as if my cancer cells knew what was coming and were trying everything they could to avoid the inevitable.
But that's exactly what my cancer cells will have to face every Friday for the next 10 weeks. I'm not going to lie...getting 3-4 hours of chemo every single week is tough to say the least. But the bright side?? Great medication and dead cancer cells!
So here's to the next 10 rounds of chemo!
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Begging Me For Mercy
Posted by Sheyanne at 6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Sheyanne. I know you can beat this. Stay strong, stay positive. Sending some beautiful love your way, I hope it finds you. Hang in there my friend.
Hey Shey. Thinking of you on your Birthday. I hope you're doing okay and that you are able to put on a smile today. I love you, take care.
Post a Comment