"Tumors shrank!
NO cancer gene!
Praise God!"
What this DOESN'T mean: Unfortunately, I am not cancer-free....YET! That celebration will take place next year after surgery and radiation. I mean, I can only handle so much good news at a time!
What this DOES mean: This regime of chemo IS working!! In fact, all three of my tumors shrank! (The tumor under my arm shrank an entire centimeter!)
This also means I do not have the breast cancer genetic mutation. My oncologists were concerned that I did given my age and the aggressiveness of my cancer. Women with the genetic mutation have up to an 85% chance of developing breast cancer in their lifetime. But since I already have that, that's not the scary part. Women with the mutation also have up to a 40% chance of developing ovarian cancer in their lifetime. Therefore, if I had the gene, the oncologists would have recommended removing my ovaries...and since I'll already have had enough surgeries by the age of 35, I am ecstatic to take a pass on that one!!
I know Dan and I would have been able to handle whatever news we received yesterday. And we would have kept on fighting and fighting until we figured out something that worked. BUT, can I just say...it is sooo much better seeing Dan tear up over great news rather than bad news!!
Although I am personally extremely relieved over this fantastic news, I am more relieved for my family and friends. After months and months of horrible news, I am so grateful to be able to deliver some great news to my support team! You guys all deserve it!
Now, since it's 5:00 somewhere, I'm off to happy hour! Cheers!
Friday, September 30, 2011
Lucky Seven Words of the Day (and a few more)
Posted by Sheyanne at 7:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, this is great news to read!
Thanks for continuing to share your journey with us.
Wow! This is terrific Sheyanne! Jerry and I are so happy that you are getting better! :-) God will continue to look after you until you are cancer-free..Can't wait to share news with my family!!
We are so happy shey, before you know it you will be cancer free, we will continue to pray for your well being and I know you will get a clean bill of health soon. <3 Myra&Shawn&Kayla
Big news! Big day! Big cheers! Hugs all around from us up north.
Yay!!! We are so happy for you Shey. Glad to hear the good news. Lots of love!
Post a Comment