BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 22, 2011

Round 2-Take 2

When my oncologist called on Monday evening and said that there was a possibility that I could go forward with round 2 on Tuesday, I was as giddy as a little kid on Christmas Eve.  And as we drove to the hospital that night to get my blood tested, it was as if we were taking a road trip to Vegas!  I mean, nobody could have been more excited than this guy to get another dose of the chemo cocktail....

And then Tuesday night came.  What the h-e-double hockey sticks was I thinking being so excited for this?!  The all-too familiar side effects came back in full force.  Nausea.  Fatigue.  Weakness.  Body aches.  Fever.  Metal taste in my mouth.  Metal smell of my skin (yes, I can literally smell the poison through my skin!)  BUT-the one side effect that didn't come back??  Hair loss!  That's right, turns out you can't lose something you've already lost!  Point-Sheyanne!

This time we're doing things a little differently.  In order to prevent my white blood cells from getting so low, I have to get injections at home for nine days straight.  I survived the first two shots, but man does that medicine pack quite the punch!  I also have to get my blood drawn three times next week.  Which means, I'm going to need donations.  Just kidding- but seriously, it feels like I may run out soon! ;)

I think a card that I got from one of my friends sums it up best:

"Chemo Sucks.  But if it sucks the cancer right out of me, then
'Yay, chemo!!!'"

Cheers to another round!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your strength is inspiring Sheyanne. Stay strong and beautiful, we love you so much! xoxo jemma

Lifeology said...

Keep up the fantastic attitude and spirit! You will beat this! Thinking of you and much love,

Chae

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a way we could take up a white blood cell collection for you!

--joe mcfaul