BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 1, 2011

Messing With My Hair is One Thing..Messing With My Food is Another!

Anyone who knows me (or has been around me for any length of time) knows I love to eat!  I absolutely love to eat!  Actually, I think I'm obsessed with it.  When I'm eating breakfast, I'm planning lunch.  When I'm eating lunch, I'm planning dinner.  It's really all I think about, all day long.  And the food I eat can literally make or break my day. 

Fad diets?  Nope!  Any type of diet?  Never!  And for great reason--I love to eat!  There has never been a piece of dessert (especially chocolate) or fatty, deep fried food that I haven't liked.  Low fat food?   Crazy!   Sugar-free?  You're wasting my time.  In fact, I used to secretly laugh at the super-healthy people; you know, the all-natural, everything organic "Trader Joes only" people. 

Boy how things have changed.  Yesterday, I found myself in Trader Joes pushing a cart filled with unsalted nuts, organic, sugar-free soy milk, green tea and organic, wheat pasta.  WHAT THE!?!?!  All of a sudden, it was like the word "organic" was code for "cancer beater", and Trader Joes was the place that would save my life. 

Needless to say, there was no smile on my face as I unpacked my groceries.  The fact that I'm not supposed to eat any kind of sugar is an absolute tragedy!  Taking away my hair is one thing.  But messing with my food is another! 

They say you go through phases during the cancer process.  Shock.  Despair.  Confusion.  And eventually anger.  Well friends, I am officially angry!  Not because I have cancer.  But because cancer has messed with my all time favorite activity-eating! 

If you had any doubt that I wouldn't fight this cancer with everything I had -doubt no more.  This cancer is going down because I can already taste the double-double, french fries and chocolate shake waiting for me at the end of the finish line!

Shey

3 comments:

Dan said...

And what's worse, next week her mom is making her eat fish.....Cancer doesn't stand a chance.

Anonymous said...

Dinner at Stella's on me after this Shey!!

The Wood House said...

You can do it Shey! We are praying for you too!